An alliance of political parties, trade unions and civil groups, the FNDC spearheaded protests against former president Alpha Conde before his ouster in a coup last year.
Friction has been growing for months between the FNDC and the junta, culminating in an announcement by the coalition on Monday that it would stage demonstrations on August 17.
A decree declaring the FNDC's dissolution, signed by Territorial Administration Minister Mory Conde, was authenticated by AFP on Tuesday.
"The de-facto group called the National Front for the Defence of the Constitution, is dissolved... with effect from the date of signature," the ruling said.
Rumours of the decree had spread on social media late Monday.
The decree said the FNDC's "operational mode is based on violent attacks (perpetrated) during banned demonstrations, attacks against individuals who do not share their ideology, and targeted attacks against the security forces".
The organisation has "the behaviour of combat groups and private militias... threatening national unity, public peace and cohabitation", it said.
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.